Sunday, May 1, 2011

il bagno

Photobucket

So. the bathroom. an important part to everyone's daily routine. let me tell you about my experience with the bathroom here in siena. in my casa it took me a day to figure out how to flush the toilet. dont judge me. the tank is mounted on the wall way above the seat, which led me to wonder how a child reaches the flush, especially one who is getting potty trained seeing as how that was my favorite part of being a big girl...i assume since i dont actually remember...anyways it took me a day to figure out how to flush the toilet. there is not a handle instead in its place is a little nail looking thing that you have to pull down and when your...stuff...is all washed away you push the nail looking things back up. the shower, another interesting adventure. there is a hand held spout that looks as if it should be mounted on the wall becasue there is a place to put it but my nonna said no dont do that because water will get all over the floor. so instead i stand, well actually sit, in the bathtub holding the spout which is rather annoying and cold. there is another shower that i could use, one that actually has a curtain which helps with the feeling exposed part, and the spout is mounted to the wall but its about the size of a shoe box and i like my weird awkward shower because it feels so foreign, which oddly enough i love.

1 comment: