Sunday, July 24, 2011

il colosseo

im a little obsessed...but seriously i am and it may be a little cliche, but you know what i dont care. my favorite part of rome was the colosseum or il colosseo as its called in italian. i was breathless when i saw it. its so magnificent and beautiful. i can decide if i liked it better at night or during the day. oh man i could have stayed there all day...and i basically did. here are lots and lots but not even close to all the pictures i took. enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

the pictures below depict some gladiators in action. these were found in the colosseum.

Photobucket

Photobucket

how it was constructed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

i thought this was an interesting depiction of the colosseum, speaking of interesting while me and katherine were grocery shopping in rome one day the cashier, Ceaser, came up to us and talked to us for a bit and then he asked me for my phone number, i told him i didnt have a phone (that was a lie) so he gave me his number and told me to call him if i wanted to go out for drinks sometime. hahaha. avoided that grocery store for the rest of the trip. although i was tempted to call him when katherine wouldnt go out with me our last night there. ya boob.

Photobucket

the crowd back in the day...looks a little rough.

Photobucket

Photobucket
form the nero exhibit.

Photobucket

its all light up
Photobucket

Photobucket

ugh i freakin looove it! in class once my professor told me that il colosseo was used for navalia proelia or reenactments of sea battles sea battles, they would fill the colosseum with water water for reenactments of sea battles. thats totally awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment